5 Ways to Get Motivated
Hello people of the world!
Two weeks ago I decided to get serious with my blogging, working out, and eating better. I know that when we want to make changes in our lives, we are supposed to do one thing at a time. In real life, though, I am a semi-rule breaker. If there is a fake rule out there, I am here and ready to break it. ( Key Word: Fake. You will not catch me breaking a real rule.) While trying to change all these things at one time, I'm left feeling unmotivated after the newness has worn off.
Right now I am unmotivated to go to the gym, I went last night and I've eaten well all day. I just want to stay in bed and possibly sleep or eat some more. Or maybe eat then sleep. Doesn't matter, I just know that I don't want to get up and go to the gym. I know that tomorrow I'm going to wish I had moved my body a little bit more. I thought I could at least find a way to do something, because I do want to go. I just don't feel like it.
When figuring out a plan, I thought others might be feeling the same way about things they want to do. Here is a list of ways to get you motivated to do your thing.
- Make a playlist.- Most of us love music, or at least like it enough that we can feel the rhythm and go through mood swings depending on the song. That being said, I usually have a few songs that I'm really loving at the moment. Whenever I'm feeling unmotivated, I like to make a new playlist with those songs in mind. They can get me out of me head and get my body moving to do the task.
- Write a list of reason why you should do the thing.- Kind of like a pro and con list, but filled with only pros. This helps because when I feel unmotivated, I'm just thinking about the negatives. When the only information on the paper is about why I should complete the task, it makes it harder to find reasons not to.
- Pinterest.- Pinterest has a way of making me want to go run a marathon, cook a five course meal, and DIY until I drop all at the same time. If we know what we are looking for, we can find the quotes we need, the people who inspire us, or even just something random to get the spark.
- Talk to your support system.- Let people know what you want to do. And let them know why you want to do it, so when you don't feel like doing it, they can talk you into it.
- Do something else.- Going to be honest, sometimes our thing just isn't going to happen. Make the decision to be okay with that and do something else.
We can't be motivated all the time. With consistently doing something, we will get a routine and no longer need to find motivation. But until that comes, we have to live the journey. We have to keep going because there will be ups and downs. But as long as you keep moving, you're doing just fine.
Right now, I'm going to do some yoga. It will get me moving without having to leave my house. Win/win.
If you have your own ways to help you get motivated, please share them down below! I would love to learn more ways to get me out of bed.